It's time once again for a Random Dozen! Click on the doughnuts to see Linda's blog!
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
Depends on who's wearing them...my 20 year old daughter? sure, cute shoes! my 93 year old grandmother? Eh...notsomuch
2. What is your favorite pizza?
The one the Dominos guy brings to my front door
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Considering my 17 year old daughter recently asked me to glue on her Spock ears, I'm guessing anything remotely connected to Star Trek. I see a comic book convention and a son-in-law dressed like a Wookie in my future.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
We have Ronie's. And then there's Connie's. Oh, and The Swamp. All three had Sunday breakfast buffets. The Swamp even has a guy who walks up and down the median of Main Street, holding a sign that says "$9.99 Breakfast Buffet at The Swamp" He usually has the arrow pointing in the wrong direction.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
Anything that includes the words "Hydrolyzed Corn Protein" under its list of ingredients
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
How about "Surviving a Dance with a Big Loser"?
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
It's about as clean as it usually gets...except for the 16 buckets of sand my teenagers left in it from the beach
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
until I take my first Claritin
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
my 15 year old son came into the kitchen, and poured himself a huge bowl of cereal right before dinner...me: son, we're about to eat dinner. him: *sigh* I'll eat that too.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
getting off the computer before midnight
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
you never have to apologize for doing the right thing
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
I don't try to talk like, dress like or act like their generation...especially in front of their friends. oh, and I let them eat cookies...