Linking up with Joyce over at From This Side Of The Pond for her weekly "Wednesday Hodgepodge"...
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
The theme music from "Parks and Rec". I'm catching up this summer on Netflix.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Hot. Dogs. Any kind, any time, any where.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Well considering I had to google a couple of the names (I had no idea who James and Molly were), Grover Cleveland would be my pick. Having one of the most famous muppets named after you must be a thrill. And the whole being the President thing too.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
The first time I moved out (yep there was more than once) I was 18 and I moved clear across the backyard. I moved into my parents travel trailer they had set up in the backyard. Yes, I know...classy. But the final time I moved out was to get married and then I moved clear across the country.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving money. I am a confirmed time-waster.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Babies. And chocolate. Give me a 3 month old to rock and a Mounds bar to eat and all is right in the world.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
Considering I used up all my vacation days in January (I made it to the third week this year) it looks like it's gonna be long summer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Next year I'm gonna make to March (see above answer).