Wednesday Hodge Podge
Linking up with Joyce from From This Side of the Pond this morning!
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
"and the rain rain rain came down down down..." ~ song from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.
Freedom and liberty are precious. We can assemble, speak and seek without fear of persecution. Being a Christian also gives me a freedom and liberty in Christ (Rom 8) that is more precious than the freedom and liberty I have as an American.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
From Memorial day to Labor day, I like hot dogs any way and every way. But never, ever dipped in a glass of water.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
Grapes. I figure I could stuff a ton of those little guys, all without having to dip them in a glass of water. (see above answer)
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
It depends on the gifts the kiddos bring me that day.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
Inside. I grew up in Florida, without air conditioning. During the summer (which last 11 months here) if you had a/c, I was there.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
No, all of our bedrooms are full. If someone has a guest room, I'd be happy to stay there.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
Hot. Dogs. And watching our son & son-in-law light fireworks with one of the 850 books of monogrammed matches I over-ordered for our daughter's wedding last January. (I was supposed to only order 250)
8. Insert your own random thought here.